About this Case Study
Design visioning is user-first storytelling with a future-focused lens. It enables teams and companies of any size to have more focused, aligned and meaningful discussions around long-term product strategy, and can also help guide short-term decision making.
In this session I’ll share the basics of visioning, practical tools and techniques, and some case studies from over 10 years of doing visioning work. I’ll cover:
- an introduction to design visioning
- why design visioning is important for every type of team and company
- visioning techniques and process
- how to make visioning a realistic priority in your daily work
- how to communicate and make an impact with visioning
- a few visioning case studies from the Thumbtack design team, as well as some earlier samples from YouTube and Sony
I’ve recently started publishing a series of articles on design visioning
About the Speaker
I'm a design generalist currently leading product design for the Thumbtack pro experience. Prior to Thumbtack I co-founded a start-up focused on team collaboration, with earlier gigs at YouTube, Apple and Sony Music Entertainment. Outside of work I'm an illustrator/doodler, a very (very) amateur violinist, and I love to bake giant chocolate chip cookies.